35 outcomes and 58 indicators have been added to the Global Value Exchange
• Domain 1: Preventing people from dying prematurely
These have been adapted from the NHS Outcomes Framework 2016/17 which is intended to "hold NHS England to account for improvements in health outcomes". The Framework covers five broad domains:
• Domain 2: Enhancing quality of life for people with long-term conditions
• Domain 3: Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
• Domain 4: Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
• Domain 5: Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm
Each of these domains has at least one “overarching indicator” associated with it. For example, Domain 3: “Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury” can be measured using two indicators; “Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require hospital admission” and “Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge from hospital”.
In addition, each domain has several “Improvement areas,” or sub-outcomes, which relate to specific areas of each of the five domains. For example, “Improving recovery from fragility fractures” is a sub-outcome of Domain 3, can be measured using the indicators “Proportion of patients with hip fractures recovering to their previous levels of mobility/walking ability at 30 days” and “Proportion of patients with hip fractures recovering to their previous levels of mobility/walking ability at 120 days”.
You can access the outcomes adapted from the Framework here, and the indicators here.