This page gives you some suggestions for next steps following creation of a myGVE project. If you would like some more advice or information about any of the steps then please send us an email by clicking here.
Log back into your myGVE project
Go back to your profile and continue adding to your project with outcomes, indicators, stakeholders and valuations. Logging back in gives you the option to add your project to a Shared Outcome Framework and create a chain of events. A chain of events illustrates the linkages between the outcomes that your stakeholders experience.
The Social Value Self-Assessment Tool
This online self-assessment tool was created in collaboration with Hall Aitken to help people understand how far they are applying the principles of social value.
The tool is comprised of a seven stage questionnaire, showing results as a spider chart illustrating areas of strength and areas for improvement. The tool can be accessed for free here.
Portfolio accounts are available, which allow you to:
• Create you own survey with custom questions
• Aggregate and analyse the results
• Download your data as a spreadsheet
• Track the progress of your users
• Host the survey on your own website
• Use your own branding
Membership of Social Value UK and Social Value International
As a member of Social Value UK and Social Value International, you will become part of an international community of over 1000 individuals and organisations who are working and campaigning to change the way the world accounts for value.
As a member you are entitled to a range of benefits; these include:
Build your knowledge
• Free access to monthly webinars on hot topics in social value and impact
• Access to members only area full of helpful resources and tools, including a searchable database of over 300 SROI reports and social impact reports
• Discount on subscriptions to sector specific publications, tools and products
Develop your skills
• 15% discount on training with individual membership
• Become an Accredited SROI Practitioner
• Have your work assured
Join our community
• Come to our regional meetings to meet like-minded people
• Share your experiences at our annual conference and members networking events
• Join our Social Value Working Groups to discuss a range of topics with other members
Raise your profile
• List the services and products that you offer on our website
• Promote your work and services on our website and newsletter
• Contribute to our online blog
Explore different impact measurement tools and software platforms
After using myGVE to map your project stakeholders, outcomes and indicators, you may want to begin collecting information or work towards better understanding your social impact. There are many different tools and software platforms available to help you do this. To help you decide which would be most appropriate for your, Social Value International provides a Social Value Tools and Software Directory. The Directory identifies tools and platforms which have undergone the SVUK Accreditation process (i.e. those which can be used to conduct a full social return on investment analysis), in addition to those which have not underwent Accreditation or which focus on a specific element of impact measurement (e.g. theory of change or information collection).
If you would like to suggest an addition to the Directory, or would want more information on Software Accreditation, please contact us here.